Monday, February 6, 2012

Recipe to Keep Improving

I have been married now for almost 15 years, well our anniversary is now in April, and we are still going strong.  Yes, we have been through the same tough times everyone goes throughSome times I think we go through tougher times more than others do, but I know that is not realistic.  We have been without many things that some people believe are necessities, and we have been without things that others view that they cannot live without.  I sometimes believe that we live just about like they did during the great depression, coming up with all kinds of ways to do things with out having to go to the store, or buy some thing new.  Cooking on the wood stove, because we don't have propane, or heating up pots of water for baths.  Well, how did people used to live over 100 years ago without electricity and propane?  How many people could do this today?

Well, we are trying to get things ready to move to a new state where we have work, because steady work is hard to come by here, where we are at.  In the midst of trying to organize and pack everything, I have come across a recipe that I had remembered about, but couldn't find.  Well, it is so good that I thought it would be wonderful to share with you.  It is gluten free, egg free, dairy free, nut free, etc, well you got the point.  It is free of all things that many are allergic to.  I have been working at this recipe for 15 years and plan to continue, because it is something that takes years to perfect.

I hope you can enjoy this as much as I have and plan on continuing to enjoy.


A Recipe For a Happy Marriage

Take two happy people and separate them from their parents.  Add the following ingredients in generous proportions.
Love 
Acceptance
Respect
Communication
Patience
Kindness
Gentleness
Self-Control
Commitment
Faith
Hope
Truth

Mix together, then thoroughly sift in daily life.  Strain out jealousy, arrogance, selfishness, provocation and accounting of wrongs.  Bake in the trials and tribulations of life for 50 years, then celebrate when golden.

May everyone get as much enjoyment out of this recipe as I have so far and strive to be able to celebrate when golden.  I know I am planning on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment